This easy homemade pizza dough yields 2 perfectly fluffy pizzas with just 6 ingredients.
Who here also loves pizza?! When I became lactose intolerant I kinda wrote off the idea of indulging in pizza, and the thought of pizza without cheese was just sad…
But then my eyes were open to the colorful world of different veggies. Now that I’ve become a little more adventurous with experimenting with dairy, I’ve learned I can handle a little bit of goat cheese and I love it on pizza!
Seriously, go try it now on this ridiculously easy homemade pizza dough!
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
Yields: 2 (14-inch) pizza crusts
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 envelope instant dry yeast
4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add warm water and yeast. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes. Add bread flour, sugar, and kosher salt. Mix to combine.
2. As the mixer runs, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Beat until the dough forms into a solid ball. If the dough is too sticky, add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too dry, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead into a smooth ball.
4. Grease a large bowl and add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in a warm place to double in size. This will take about an hour.
5. Once the dough has doubled in size, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide it into two equal pieces.
6. Cover each piece of dough with plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 475F. Remove the dough from plastic wraps and place each onto a separate prepared baking sheet.
8. Working with your hands, gently spread out dough working from the center out.
9. Top pizza and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!