If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember me making these earlier this year! Well here’s the recipe.
Lately, I’ve also been obsessed with bananas… Random, I know! But I have been loving throwing them into smoothies, enjoying them with PB on toast, baking them into bread and of course muffins!
Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 overripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 flax eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin(s).
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Using a fork, mash 2 bananas in a small bowl. Make sure to leave some texture. Around this time, mix together your flax eggs.
4. In a stand mixer with a wire whisk, whip the remaining two bananas and brown sugar together for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the melted butter, flax eggs, and vanilla. Beat well, scraping down the sides as needed.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients, until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the pecans and mashed bananas.
7. Spoon the batter into muffin tins and fill them about halfway. Give them a tap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
8. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Then let cool for a few minutes and turn out.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com