Vegan Banana Nut Muffins are super moist and come together in about 30 minutes! The perfect quick breakfast, snack, or treat.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember me making these earlier this year! Well here’s the recipe.
Lately, I’ve also been obsessed with bananas… Random, I know! But I have been loving throwing them into smoothies, enjoying them with PB on toast, baking them into bread and of course muffins!
Vegan Banana Nut Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 overripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted dairy-free butter, melted and cooled
2 flax eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray the muffin tin(s).
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Using a fork, mash 2 bananas in a small bowl. Make sure to leave some texture. Around this time, mix together your flax eggs.
4. In a stand mixer with a wire whisk, whip the remaining two bananas and brown sugar together for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the melted butter, flax eggs, and vanilla. Beat well, scraping down the sides as needed.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients, until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the pecans and mashed bananas.
7. Spoon the batter into muffin tins and fill them about halfway. Give them a tap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
8. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Then let cool for a few minutes and turn out.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!