Mushroom Tofu Scramble is an amped up version of my simple tofu scramble recipe. Filled with protein-packed vegetables!
Have I told you lately how much I love tofu? I really, really do! I’d incorporate tofu in every meal if I could, but then I’m afraid I would tire it out and no longer crave it–so I indulge in moderation… Kind of!
I love preparing tofu scramble at the beginning of the week and simply reheating portions throughout the week for breakfast, or lunch. I recently shared my simple tofu scramble recipe. This one is also easy and quick to prepare, it’s just jazzed up a bit with mushrooms!
I think the reason I love tofu scramble so much is that there are endless variations. Have extra bell pepper? Throw it in! Extra roasted sweet potato cubes? Toss em in too! Don’t even get me started on the toppings–sliced avocado, salsa, red pepper flakes, hot sauce…!
I also enjoy how you don’t have to follow any super strict recipe for your tofu scramble to turn out delicious. Low on oil? Simply omit. Mix spices in the skillet directly or create a sauce beforehand by mixing with water.
What do you toss into your tofu scramble?! Let me know in the comments below.
Mushroom Tofu Scramble
8 ounces extra-firm tofu
1 cup mushrooms, rinsed
1/4 red onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
Large handful of spinach/kale mix
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Garlic salt & pepper, to taste
Optional: Red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or Sriracha
1. Press one block of tofu for 15 minutes then mash.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper, then spinach/kale.
3. Once just cooked, remove from skillet and place aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix a little bit of water together with the turmeric, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and pepper.
5. Add tofu crumbles and seasoning mixture into skillet. Cook while stirring occasionally for about another 5 minutes.
6. Enjoy on its own, on toast, or in a tortilla!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!