Warm up this winter with some homemade mulled apple cider! Fill your kitchen with fall aromas and get into the holiday spirit.
Mulled apple cider is the quintessential fall drink. With cloves and spices, and apple and oranges, how could it not be? I remember my mom making this for my family all throughout the holiday season year after year. It’s not November or December without this cider.
When I was celebrating my first married Thanksgiving with my husband’s side of the family, I had to bring this to the table. Sure I could have attempted a side dish, but this felt more special… And easier! I was thrilled when everybody enjoyed it and now I want y’all to share it with your loved ones.
Do you have a special holiday recipe? Share with me in the comments below!
WANT MORE TASTY RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX? SUBSCRIBE HERE!
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 jug (2 quarts) apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- Mulling Spices
- Pour the jug of apple juice into a large pot on the stove. Fill the jug up about a quarter to halfway with water and pour into pot. Pour in orange juice.
- Poke cloves into orange and slice apple, then add to pot.
- Using a tea or spice ball, secure about 3 tablespoons of mulling spices inside and let float.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and let simmer for at least 10 minutes or until warm. Ladle into mugs and serve immediately.
Shop My Kitchen