This vibrant lunch comes from Colorful Recipes. It’s super filling and the fresh lemon juice really brings everything together beautifully. You can use your favorite spices to change it up each time you make it but I loved how the cumin, fennel seeds, and chili powder paired with the turmeric rice.
Spinach Tofu with Turmeric Rice
1 cup rice
2 cups broth
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cubed
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dried spices, to taste
Lemon juice, to taste
Sesame seeds, to taste
1. Put rice, broth, and turmeric in rice cooker and let cook.
2. As rice cooks, heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu in a single layer. Top with spices. (I used cumin, fennel seeds, and chili powder but you can use your favorite dried spices!)
3. Cook tofu until lightly browned. Once cooked, place on paper towel.
4. Add spinach one cup at a time to the same pan. Season with salt and pepper, let cook until wilted.
5. To serve, fluff rice and place in bowl then top with spinach and tofu. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and squeeze lemon juice on the spinach.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com