Homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce pairs incredibly well with focaccia bread but is also a great compliment to other dishes. This sauce thickens up before your eyes, try it for yourself!
During our honeymoon, we had the most delicious bread served with a chili sauce and oil. We both still gush over this amazing stuff and we have yet to find anything that compares. I decided to try my hand at homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and let me tell you, this stuff is SWEET! But pairs so great with focaccia bread… You can check out the recipe for that by following the link!
Homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Sriracha
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cold water
1. Add sugar, rice vinegar, and water to a pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once the mixture starts boiling, add garlic and red pepper flakes. Bring boil down to a simmer and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the Sriracha and stir.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in one tablespoon of cold water.
4. Bring the sauce to a low boil and add the cornstarch-water mixture and salt.
5. The sauce should thicken at this point. Stir until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
6. Let cool and dip a piece of your favorite bread, enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!