Today was a very exciting trip to the store. I’m giggling as I type because I know how cheesy that sounds, but really it doesn’t take much to excite me. We bought apple cider, pumpkin puree, an assortment of nuts, chia seeds, and flax seeds! FALL IS HERE, BABY! Still laughing because we live in Texas and it’s still hot & humid. I’m just so excited to try out all these new fall recipes! I found this delicious recipe originally on My California Roots and I’m so excited to share it with you. Now, when I made this recipe I completely forgot a very important step–to grind up those flax seeds! The cookies were still delicious, but some seeds definitely got stuck in our teeth.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields: 24 cookies
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
3 Tbsp water
1/2 cup vegan butter, cold
1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus a little extra for rolling)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup peanut butter
1. Combine flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Attach the paddle to your stand mixer. Add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to stand mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until fluffy.
3. Make sure butter and sugars are well mixed, then add the flax seed/water mixture and vanilla extract. Beat again for about 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium-large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
5. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets.
6. Add some extra sugar in a small bowl. Once dough has chilled, form into balls, then roll in the sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet and use a fork to flatten.
7. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Slightly adapted from My California Roots.