Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect comforting breakfast or brunch. 7 ingredients plus an easy homemade glaze, these buns are sure to be a hit!
Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day. Eggs, cheese, sweets, coffee. What’s not to love? Well, when you’re lactose intolerant and have a sensitivity to eggs – basically everything. I love finding vegan breakfast plates that still contain “regular” ingredients. I don’t want to have to go out and buy a whole new pantry just for one meal. This recipe, which was originally posted on The Minimalist Baker is perfect for those times when you’re craving a sweet breakfast!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Yields: 10 cinnamon rolls
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegan butter, divided
1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons soy milk
1. In a saucepan, heat soy milk and 3 tablespoons vegan butter until warm and melted. Do not let reach a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to 110F.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes, then add salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and stir.
3. Stir in the flour 1/2 cup at a time. When the dough is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until you can form a loose ball.
4. Place your dough in a lightly coated bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm place to rise for about an hour – or until doubled in size.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Form into a thin rectangle and brush 3 tablespoons vegan butter. Top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
6. Tightly roll up the dough, then cut the dough into 1.5-2 inch sections.
7. Place in a buttered pan and brush the remaining melted vegan butter on top.
8. Place on top of oven to rise again as the oven preheats to 350F.
9. Bake cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
10. Meanwhile, create your glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons soy milk until desired consistency.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and drizzle on the glaze. Let cool for a few minutes and serve!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!