We finally have muffin tins and liners!!!! Let the muffin making, cupcake creation, and mini-dinner bites ensue!
The first muffin recipe I tried out came from My Darling Vegan, a great vegan food blog that you should totally follow. Below is the recipe, which can also be found on their blog.
I love lemon and Zack loves poppy seeds, so it was the perfect place to start. This recipe is super easy and the results are out of this world. I love finding great vegan recipes to hold on to, and this is definitely one of them!
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2½ teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
½ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, to zest and juice
Lemon glaze: 3/4 cups powdered sugar & 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line muffin tin with baking liners.
2. In a bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
4. Using a large bowl whisk together sugar, olive oil, and the zest and juice of one lemon.
5. Then add the curdled soy milk, whisk until completely incorporated.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined.
7. Fill the baking liners and bake for about 15 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, it’s time to remove your muffins and let them cool.
8. As the muffins bake, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make your glaze. Continue adding lemon juice little by little until you reach desired consistency.
9. While the muffins cool, drizzle or spoon the glaze over each warm muffin.
10. Once completely cool, enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com