Lemon Garlic Chicken with Mushrooms is a tasty, flavorful, light, yet filling dinner paired perfectly with pearled couscous.
Hey y’all! I’ve spent more hours in the kitchen these past few months than ever in my life… And I actually kinda LOVE it! I have a confession though, I hate cooking chicken. HATE IT. Unless I’m cooking it in the crockpot. I don’t know why, but it’s a fear I’m hoping to overcome soon!
This delicious recipe includes chicken (of course), an old favorite couscous, and new favorite mushrooms. Now, I’ve recently started cooking pearled couscous and it’s the best! I definitely recommend trying it out as a side or base during your next dinner. The grapeseed oil I used was amazing. I received it as a gift from my family, as they know how much I love JCB sparking wine.
We paired this with a Pinot Grigio and it paired exceptionally well. The wine was sweeter than I’m used to, but I’m not one to back down from trying new wines. Enjoy!
Lemon Garlic Chicken with Mushrooms
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons thyme
3 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3-4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 box of your favorite pearled couscous
1. Start cooking boxed pearled couscous according to directions on the box. Trim your chicken and cut each breast into 2 equal pieces. Place in bowl.
2. To your bowl, add olive oil, juice from one lemon, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Once the chicken is marinated, remove and pat dry. Pound each chicken breast until they are equal in size, about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Season one side of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Then lightly dredge in flour, tapping to remove excess.
5. Turn oven on low heat, you will place cooked chicken on a pan inside to keep warm. Heat a skillet on the stove and add grapeseed oil. Once hot, place as many chicken breasts will fit in the skillet. Cook until bottom is browned, flip and repeat on the other side. Once cooked, transfer to pan to the oven.
6. Add mushrooms to skillet with a little olive oil. Let them first sear, about 30 seconds, then soften. Add salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir until tender.
7. Serve mushrooms atop chicken breast on a bed of pearled couscous. Squeeze fresh lemon juice to season to your liking.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!