Zoodles and Homemade Meatballs use zucchini in place of pasta and homemade dairy-free and egg-free meatballs. Smothered in marinara sauce, this makes the perfect healthy dinner.
Lately, my husband and I have really been making an effort to eat healthier. We love our meatballs though, so instead of serving them with pasta or on a bun – we made zoodles! This meal was delicious and we didn’t feel so weighed down afterward. Try it out and tell me what you think!
Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) & Homemade Meatballs
3 medium zucchinis
6 meatballs, cooked
1/2 jar of marinara sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a small saucepan, heat up meatballs and marinara sauce.
2. While the meatballs and sauce meat, form zoodles using your spiralizer.
3. Once formed, pat down your zoodles using a paper towel. This helps to remove some moisture.
4. Place zoodles in a skillet, add salt and pepper to taste. If you choose to, toss in some crushed red pepper flakes now too.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Then add in meatballs and marinara.
7. Let cook for another 5 minutes or until done to your desire.
8. Serve and enjoy!