I’m so excited I finally tried out this new food trend! I loveee fried rice, but I’m also trying to make healthier decisions – cue the cauliflower fried rice. This dish is delicious, contains just as much flavor, and leaves you satisfied.
I personally love cooking this meal early in the week for lunch and having its leftovers throughout the week. Another great thing about this recipe, is how easy it is since we’re using frozen veggies. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Fried Rice (Egg-Free)
16 ounces frozen cauliflower florets
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
4 ounces frozen peas and chopped carrots
Optional: 1 green onion, chopped
1. Place the cauliflower in your food processor with the steel blade. Make sure not to overcrowd, I usually have to do at least two batches. Pulse in short bursts just until it resembles grains of rice. Place the riced cauliflower in a bowl and press to release excess liquid.
2. In a large wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the diced onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
3. Then mix in the dried riced cauliflower, sesame oil, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Add the frozen peas and carrots, and mix gently. Cook until the peas and carrots are defrosted.
5. Sprinkle in the green onion, mix to combine, and serve!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com