I have been wanting to use our new dutch oven since we received it off our registry! Since I’ve never had jambalaya, I decided this would be a fun first recipe in the new dutch oven. It was super simple and DELICIOUS!
You have got to give this a try! Whether you’re cooking for just yourself and your honey or a few of your friends, it’s a great go-to meal. We had Zack’s former roommate over for dinner one night, so this is what I served. It was great because we were all able to enjoy cooking this meal together and catching up.
Dutch Oven Jambalaya
1 pound sausage
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1½ bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups white rice
1½ teaspoon Old Bay
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in your dutch oven. Add sausage and cook through.
2. Once cooked, remove and cut into ½” pieces, set aside.
3. Add vegetables to dutch oven to soften. Once most of the water has evaporated, add in cut sausage pieces, butter, and garlic. Stir everything together for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in water, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and Old Bay. Bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, add in rice.
6. Reduce heat, simmer for about 5 minutes. Give it one last stir before covering.
7. Turn off heat, cover dutch oven, let sit for 35 minutes. (Do not open the lid to peek during this time!!)
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
I hope you enjoy this easy jambalaya dutch oven recipe as much as I do!
Do you have a favorite dutch oven recipe? Share with me in the comments below!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com