This recipe is from my mom, Shelly! I’ve always appreciated her cooking but now that I’m trying to learn my way around the kitchen, I appreciate her hard work even more!
This is a fairly straightforward and easy recipe. It can even be transformed into a crockpot meal if you don’t have time for the stove after a long day.
When my mom makes these she sometimes cooks the chicken the night before. She rinses and boils the chicken for 35-45 minutes.
If you don’t like corn from a can, try making corn on the cob then scrape the kernels off. My husband isn’t a fan of corn and even he agreed this way was better.
Serve in a tortilla or tostada, with rice and beans on the side!
Shelly’s Chicken Tacos
2 cups fajita chicken, cooked
1 jar of salsa
2 cans (14 oz) of petite diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) of sliced/chopped mild green chilies
1 can (14 oz) of corn, drained
1 clove of garlic, minced
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of chili powder
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in pan, mix in tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and salsa.
2. Cook 5-10 minutes.
3. Put in cooked chicken with minced garlic and a pinch of cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Let cook for 30-40 minutes.
5. Shred the chicken and stir into mixture.
6. Keep on low heat and let warm until you serve
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!