Shelly's Chicken Tacos combine shredded fajita chicken, a jar of salsa, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, garlic, and seasoning. A great filling taco recipe!
This recipe is from my mom, Shelly! I've always appreciated her cooking but now that I'm trying to learn my way around the kitchen, I appreciate her hard work even more!
This is a fairly straightforward and easy recipe. It can even be transformed into a crockpot meal if you don't have time for the stove after a long day.
When my mom makes these she sometimes cooks the chicken the night before. She rinses and boils the chicken for 35-45 minutes.
If you don't like corn from a can, try making corn on the cob then scrape the kernels off. My husband isn't a fan of corn and even he agreed this way was better.
Serve in a tortilla or tostada, with rice and beans on the side!
Shelly's Chicken Tacos
2 cups fajita chicken, cooked
1 jar of salsa
2 cans (14 oz) of petite diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) of sliced/chopped mild green chilies
1 can (14 oz) of corn, drained
1 clove of garlic, minced
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of chili powder
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Mix in tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and salsa.
2. Cook 5-10 minutes.
3. Put in cooked chicken with minced garlic and a pinch of cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Let cook for 30-40 minutes.
5. Shred the chicken and stir into mixture.
6. Keep on low heat and let warm until you serve